I am recruiting on behalf of a well-known business in the Llantrisant area who is seeking a trainee accountant to join its finance team. The role will offer the opportunity to study towards an accounting qualification whilst working full-time within the organisation. It is an excellent opportunity to join a busy finance department where the successful candidate will gain all the relevant experience needed to qualify as a Chartered Accountant.
My client is able to pay a salary of up to £22,815 per annum plus full study support.
The role will ideally suit a school leaver or recent graduate with a good academic record and an interest in business and finance.
As a trainee you will provide assistance across all areas of the finance function which is central to all operations carried out by the business. This includes exposure to a wide variety of business scenarios which will equip you with the necessary accounting, commercial and analytical skills to thrive in all areas of business.
Once the successful candidate has passed an initial probationary period the company will provide full AAT or ACCA study support including tuition, materials and exam fees.
Key Tasks to be carried out in the role will include –
- Preparation of various month end journals e.g. accruals and cost of sales journals
- Assisting in the preparation of month end stock reports
- Preparation of intercompany reconciliations
- Review of petty cash receipts and posting the petty cash journal
- Assisting with Purchase Ledger payment runs and bank details audit
- Nominal analysis preparation and investigation
- Preparation of various VAT schedules
- Assisting with concession statement and journals
- Posting of credit card statements
- Providing assistance with preparation of the monthly management information pack
- Assisting with setting up bank payments and cash flow administration
- Assisting with the administration and queries relating to our finance offering
- Provide support to other members of the team as and when needed
- Ad-hoc reporting and reconciliations as and when needed
- Other administrative duties as and when they arise
Skills required –
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to analyse and summarise data through the use of lookups and pivot tables.
- Good organisational and workload management skills
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Self-motivated and confident with the ability to work on their own initiative
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Eager to learn, with a can-do attitude and not afraid to get stuck in
- Experience of using Microsoft Office including Word & Excel
This is great 1st role into a finance team which will offer lots of exposure into the world of accounts plus a full study package.