Finance Officer – Central Cardiff
£24,360 – £28,327 (DOE) + Study Support + Exceptional Benefits
My client is a growing third sector organisation based in the Central Cardiff area. They are currently looking to recruit a personable and driven Finance Officer to join their friendly team. Reporting into the Senior Finance Officer, the successful candidate will be required to take responsibility for all transaction processing and accounting transactions relating to the key people that they support.
Ideally you will be AAT qualified, with previous exposure of working within a busy accounting office. My client will consider applications from ACCA/CIMA/ACA studiers who are looking to enhance their skills and experience within this sector. However, they will also consider applications from candidates who may have a strong technical background and are no longer keen to pursue a professional qualification. For my client, key criteria for the role is having previous experience within the profession, whilst have an inquisitive and investigative mind in order to deal with complex income and expenditure.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for the administration of multiple bank accounts
- Make payments and deal with the day to day accounting for their key stakeholders
- Deal with complex bank reconciliations
- Journal entry
- Process rent and utilities
- Support with the budget process
- Deal with internal and external queries
- Support with the financial reviews for their key stakeholders
- Implement continuous improvement process and system improvements
- Strong Excel skills are highly advantageous coupled with previous experience of working on a variety of accounting packages
- AAT Qualified or Studier
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Problem solver
- Driven and prepared to go outside your comfort zone
- Excellent IT skills especially in the use of Microsoft Excel
The successful candidate will be required to work a 37-hour week and my client can be flexible with start and finish times. The role will 3 days in the office and 2 working from home. All equipment to be provided.
The suitable candidate will possess a strong numerical and analytical background and have strong Microsoft Excel skills to intermediate level. This is a great opportunity to work for a supportive organisation that truly takes care of their employees. Company offers exceptional benefits package to include:
- Flexi Working
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Buy and Sell additional Leave
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Homeworking set up
- Study Support
My client is looking for the successful candidate to start ASAP, however they are prepared to wait for the ‘right’ individual. Therefore, if you are interested and would like further details, please get in touch.