I am recruiting on behalf of an SME business in the Cardiff City Centre. My client is seeking an experienced Finance Assistant to join its team imminently on a long-term temporary basis (potentially temp to perm).
My client is able to offer a salary of £14.35 per hour plus holiday pay doe for the successful candidate.
The main responsibility of the role will be to contribute to the achievement of business’ objectives by providing an accurate, effective, and efficient finance function.
Reporting into the FC the day to day duties will include the below:
- Maintain finance inbox
- Answer incoming calls
- Check incoming purchase invoices have correct VAT coding
- Send purchase invoices off for authorisation
- Check and code purchase invoices
- Accurately process purchase invoices via Sage 50
- Ensure all invoices are filed correctly
- Deal with queries in a timely manner
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Posting of payments, and bank reconciliation
- Raise sales invoices for rent, utilities & service charge
- Credit control duties
- Chase up VAT invoices for proforma payments
- VAT Returns
- Weekly payroll spreadsheet
- Occasional CIS returns
The role will require someone to work in the office initially for 3 weeks to do a thorough training / on-boarding process. After that time, the role will offer WFH for at least 3 days per week (ideally Wednesday must be worked in the office)
The company working hours are Monday to Friday, 9 – 5pm with 30 mins for lunch, but the hours can be reduced and be flexible for the right person
Free parking is available on site