My client, is a rapidly expanding organisation based on the outskirts of Cardiff. Currently they are seeking an experienced and hands-on Qualified Financial Controller/Manager to cover a 15-month maternity contract.
The successful candidate will support the Director of Finance with the day to day activities of the finance function. They are seeking an ACCA/ACA/CIMA Qualified Accountant to come in and manage, lead and coach a team of 6 within the finance department. This will be an extremely hands-on role, where you will prepare and review the monthly management accounts and work with the senior management team to complete a number of exciting projects.
This well-established organisation has an enviable reputation within their field. They are looking for the successful candidate to support with their ambitious growth plans and become involved in key decisions in order to support their continued growth.
Reporting directly into the Director of Finance, they require a technically strong Finance Manager, someone who is used to dealing with all aspects of the financial and management accounting functions and is used to using their own initiative to get the job done.
Key job responsibilities will include:
- Manage and mentor a team of 6 within the finance team
- Play an active role in ongoing projects ensuring the team is on target and projects are pushed over the finish line to achieve aims
- Preparation of the management accounts for the Group
- Review and maintenance of all balance sheet items
- Budgeting and forecasting activities
- Report to CFO and FD on balance sheet, including debtors and debt schedules
- Looking at major internal projects that focus on Capex spend, improving the monthly reporting process and managing the standard costing of the business to ultimately make improvements all-round
- Liaise with Directors and managers in providing detailed management accounting information, ensuring they understand and achieve their budgets
- A confident self-starter who possesses strong communication skills
- Hands-on technically astute Accountant with a previous exposure of working within a similar role
- Professionally qualified Accountant who is happy to come in and hit the ground running
- Driven and results orientated
- Good systems knowledge especially with Sage & Microsoft Excel
This role will suit a professional contractor, who has worked within a variety of sectors and is used to going into organisations and producing results. You will be hands on, a good team player and not afraid to roll up your sleeves in order to get the job done. You must be able to demonstrate good attention to detail, good judgement showing logical decision making. Experience of using a variety of accounting packages would be highly advantageous. Strong Excel skills are vital and previous experience of working on a variety of accounting software packages would be highly advantageous.
My client is ideally looking for the successful candidate to start in the New Year, January 2024, However, if you are free for work and seeking your next challenge, my client will consider an immediate start in order for a detailed hand-over to take place.
Ideally you will be office based, although hybrid working is on offer. Hours of work: 37.5 Monday – Friday and other benefits will include: 25 days annual leave plus bank hols, potential bonus upon completion of the assignment, medical cashback scheme, pension and on-site parking available.