This is an exciting opportunity for a Payroller to join a fast-growing private equity backed business in Cardiff. The Payroller position is a newly created role within a team of 10, and will report into the Payroll Manager with a view to supporting the ongoing growth of the business and with the expectation of contributing to the overall achievement of the Group’s objectives.
This role is expected to be progressive and you will be developing your knowledge and experience through continuous training and development. The role will be challenging yet rewarding, and you will have the opportunity to undertake both internal and external training to develop your career.
Duties will include the below –
- Timesheet review and payroll preparation for over 500 employees
- Inputting starters and leavers and verifying information is correct
- Liaising with managers on payroll queries
- Producing monthly payroll reports, as required by management
- Statutory reporting to HMRC
- SSP, SMP and other statutory calculations
- Preparing pension contribution reports
- Other Payroll tasks as and when required
- Liaising with IT Projects Coordinator, you will be a key contributor to the continued roll-out of new systems
- Developing strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure procedures are followed
- Some payroll experience is required, although training will be provided and there will be an opportunity to develop further payroll knowledge as part of the role.
- You will have a keen eye for detail and an inquisitive approach and be someone who is not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- We are seeking someone who is driven and proactive and can take the initiative to continuously strive for improvement.
- Industry experience is not required, although previous experience of working in a dynamic business with a proven ability to react well to change is essential.
Skills and Qualities
- A self-motivated and proactive attitude
- Keen to progress with the business and develop their payroll knowledge
- An inquisitive mind – someone who challenges the status quo and is not afraid to ask questions
- Has the ability to work to deadlines by having an organised and methodical approach
- Enthusiastic and driven – getting involved in payroll projects
- Strong attention to detail is a key skill needed for this role – someone who is thorough and accurate when accomplishing tasks
- Excellent communication skills and able to tailor their approach to different levels in the organisation
- It is important to be both a strong team player as well as possessing the ability to work alone to complete key tasks
- Competent in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) as well as conversant with IT systems
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to think outside of the box to find workable solutions
Qualifications & Knowledge
- Payroll qualifications are desirable, but not essential
- Sage Payroll experience is desirable
- GCSE’s (A*-C) in Mathematics and English
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint). Strong excel skills particularly desirable.
My clients working hours are Monday to Friday – 9 – 5pm with 30 mins for lunch
Potential hybrid working will be offered after successful passing of probation period
25 days annual leave, life insurance, medical scheme, pension, on-site parking, long-term study packages
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive company and team who truly value their staff! Please send me your CV today if you are keen to be considered and then we can arrange a suitable time to chat further.