I am recruiting on behalf of a Cardiff City Centre based SME business. My client is looking for a part-time (circa 22.5 hours per week / 3 days) Senior Accounts Assistant / Administrator to join its small and friendly team. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the team, and will play a pivotal role in ensuring the Directors’ day-to-day accounts and ad-hoc operations and administration run smoothly.
My client is able to pay a salary of up to £30,000 per annum pro rata’d for the successful candidate.
The position requires the ability to maintain a high standard of confidentiality and always taking a professional but friendly approach to duties. The ideal candidate would possess excellent all-round accounts / administration skills of at least 5 years.
The position will be part-time, circa 22.5 hours per week, with flexible working days can be flexible, as well as some hybrid working. My client is able to offer a salary of up to £30,000 per annum pro rata’d.
Roles and responsibilities
- Assist Director in providing the Accountants with monthly payroll information i.e. expenses, new starters / leavers
- Bank and Credit card reconciliations
- Production of financial reports as required, PL, BS, VAT reports
- Project information i.e. timesheets, expenditure
- Sub-Contractors invoicing approval via project manager
- Monthly sales invoice production, issuing and management
- Manage creditors / debtors list and debt management
- Marketing budgets
- Producing and maintain cashflow forecasts via Excel / Xero
- General accounts queries by email and telephone from Clients and Project Managers
- Accurate and timely production of reports e.g. for monthly management meetings, ad hoc reports and management information
- Professional Indemnity & all other insurance renewals
- Renewal of Accreditation certificates required for Frameworks and Clients
- Absence and annual leave management (we use Bright HR)
- Employee Pension regulation correspondence
- Arrange Professional Development meetings bi-annually
- Assist with updating weekly office rotas
The ideal candidate will possess the below –
- Xero accounting software is essential
- Accounting qualification preferable, ideally AAT
- Previous Microsoft Office, Excel etc / GSuite. The company is a Mac based business and use Googlemail and GSuite
- Ability to take direction and work alone and as part of a team
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
Benefits include –
- 22 days leave pro rata’d
- In addition to annual leave, additional days in between Christmas and New Year that do not come out of your annual leave, so an extra 2 / 3 days on top.
- Professional Development Plan, reviewed every 6 months, plus provide training and support to help you achieve your goals
- Bike to Work scheme on completion of probation 6 months
- Medicash Healthcare plan on completion of probation 6 months
- Eligibility at 12 months service to benefit from Trust bonuses where applicable. If the Limited company is doing well financially, it pays a cash amount into the Trustee company for distribution as the eligible employees see fit.
- Flexible working: to be determined
- Team away days twice per year – plenty of socials and family days and hosted client events.
- Exceptional IT kits used, top of the range MacBook Pros, company iPhone and any monitors etc for you to work from home effectively
- Annual professional industry related fees
- Pension scheme in line with Government levels – opt in / opt out
- The company also encourages and sponsors team charity events
This is a lovely part time role working with a passionate bunch of people who work collaboratively and who really want to succeed!