Accounts Assistant – Cardiff
Salary up to £26,000
My client is a high-profile/ household named organisation based on the outskirts of Cardiff.
They are looking to recruit an experienced Accounts Assistant with a strong emphasis on the sales ledger side. Working and supporting the Management Accountant on a day to day basis, you will be required to assist with a variety of finance duties.
My client is ideally seeking an AAT studier with previous experience of working within a fast-paced environment. You will possess a strong sales ledger background, having worked within a similar role. The successful individual will be happy to help out with a variety of tasks in order to support the Management Accountant and wider accounts department with their workload. My client is keen on finding a candidate that possesses a great work ethic, is a strong team player and is happy to roll up their sleeves and help out!
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for overseeing the sales ledger invoicing for all group companies
- Managing the credit control function and provide regular reporting to the management team on the ledgers and out-standing debts
- Posting bank and credit card receipts on a daily basis and investigating any variances
- Provide administrative support to the finance team in order for monthly accounts to be produced
- Daily and monthly bank reconciliations
- Updating the cashbook and cash forecast position
- Analysis on sales nominal ledger codes
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations and control accounts
- Assist the finance team with the preparation of annual audits
- Sage 50 experience highly advantageous, coupled with strong Microsoft Excel
- Experience in a financial role within practice or industry is essential
- An ability to obtain and manage important and confidential information are vital
- Accuracy and skills in calculating figures, coupled with excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to communicate effectively and interact with a wide range of staff
- Work on own initiative and under pressure
- Willingness to develop within the role, learn new skills and deal with change
- Must be highly organised and assertive with strong communication and time management skills
The suitable candidate will possess a ‘can do’ attitude’ and be happy to help out with anything that is required of you. A good eye for detail is required as is the ability to multi-task. Previous experience of using Sage 50 would be highly advantageous coupled with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel to intermediate level.
The role is office-based, Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm but client can be flexible with start/finish times for the successful candidate.
If you are looking to work for a prestigious organisation with a small and friendly finance team, please get in touch ASAP in order to secure an interview slot.