NOW Careers is partnering with a large business in the Cwmbran area. My client is seeking to recruit a part qualified / qualified Accountant to join its finance team. Reporting into the Accounting Manager the position will be responsible for implementing accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with local GAAP, US GAAP and company policies. The Accountant is responsible for completing work in a timely and accurate manner and ensuring that internal controls are functioning properly and adhered to.
The main duties of the role will include –
- Ensure overall general ledger integrity.
- Coordinate accurate and timely month-end activities.
- Implement best practices.
- Coordinate SOX, Internal, and External audit engagements.
- Initiate, recommend, or provide SOX/audit remediation solutions through designated channels.
- Verify the implementation of SOX/audit remediation solutions.
- Timely and accurate submission of annual Corporate and Tax reporting requirements.
- Provision of timely and accurate information to external auditors to meet both group and statutory audit requirements.
- Reviews, monitors, and controls monthly and quarterly balance sheet reviews.
- Publish meeting minutes and action items resulting from review.
- Work in concert with European Accounting Staff to standardize best practices across all European sites.
- Assist with the preparation of statutory financial statements for various UK statutory entities.
The ideal candidate will –
- Possess 2+ years’ experience in a discipline of Finance
- Have strong working knowledge of Windows and Software (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Oracle)
- Have strong analytical and project management skills
- Possess a professional accounting qualification – part or fully qualified
- Have experience of managing multiple balance sheets in a dynamic environment
- Have the ability to work in a team environment, collaborate with team members within and outside of his/her department
- Possess high integrity, excellent work ethic, customer service orientated, ability to think outside of the box and ability to mentor and coach different types of subordinate/s.
My client operates a 37-hour working week with an early finish on a Friday
Flexible and hybrid working is on offer
25 days hols plus 8 bank hols
Cashback plan for dental cover
Pension is matched up to 6%
Death in service is 4x salary
Company discretionary bonus of circa 5%
This is a really great opportunity to join a well-established and successful business who truly values its employees.