I am recruiting on behalf of a large Bridgend based organisation. My client is seeking an experienced Accountant to join its team during an exciting period of growth and change. The successful candidate will be responsible for the accounting and reporting of financial and non-financial information for one or more of the companies within the Group.
The role will be a varied hands-on finance role that works closely will all team members and will help support the business with its future growth.
Reporting into the Finance Manager the main duties of the role will include the below responsibilities –
- Production of full monthly management accounts, supporting schedules and analysis
- Monthly reconciliations as required- Debtors, Creditors, Stock, Bank
- Process Month End Journals – Depreciation, FA, Prepayments, Accruals
- Preparation of P and L / balance sheet / cashflow budgets and forecasts
- Provision of information to support Group Finance and annual audit.
- Support payroll process
- Preparation of VAT and other statutory returns as appropriate
- Manage customer and supplier rebates as appropriate.
- Ensure the business follows all required internal procedures and legislation.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives includes IT systems upgrades.
Essential elements for the role –
- Relevant degree or AAT qualification.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build good working relationships.
- Ability to work as part of a team and with autonomy.
- Highly organised with strong administrative skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft office skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience of using accounting software / packages
- Able to work to and achieve deadlines.
- CIMA or ACCA part qualified/finalist. Study support may be provided
- Experience of using Microsoft Dynamics (Navision / Great Plains)
- Experience of the Construction Industry or Retail / Distribution businesses
The role will be office based until the probationary period has passed. After that time, the role will offer some WFH up to 2 days per week.
The company operates a 37.5 hour working week with some flex on start and finish times.
The pension is a salary sacrifice scheme of 5% employer and 3% employee
Holidays start at 25 days per year plus bank hols rising with service to a total of 30 days.
This is a really great opportunity to join an expanding business at an exciting time in its existence.