I am recruiting on behalf of an SME business whose offices are based in the Tredegar Park area of Newport. My client is seeking an Accounts Assistant to join its team of 4. The role will involve working as part of the finance team and assisting the effective overall day to day function of the team.
The successful candidate will need to work to strict deadlines whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail and will have prior accounts experience as well as knowledge of Microsoft office and ideally SAGE 50.
Reporting into the Accountant the key responsibilities will include –
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly departmental accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly Flash reports.
- Assist with Debtors & Creditors control.
- File and maintain information logs as appropriate.
- Data Entry to both SAGE 50 and our logistics system
- Resolve invoice queries with suppliers and members of staff.
- Chase key staff for return and approval of invoices.
- Production of month end bank reconciliations.
- Enter expense claims & Credit card returns.
- Carryout any other ad hoc duties as requested by line management
- Competent user of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of SAGE 50 would be an advantage.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and ensure deadlines are met.
- Good communication skills
- AAT studier ideally
- Willingness to progress and learn
The company operates a 35-hour working week, full time in the office. Free parking is provided.
Holiday start at 24 days, rising to 25 days after 1 years’ service plus 8 bank hols.
pension contributions from employer is 7.5% plus employee 5%
study support for AAT is on offer for the successful candidate to include college fees, day release and exams time off.
This is a really great opportunity for someone to come in and learn, study and progress with a growing SME business.