Are you seeking a role within Accounts?
Do you possess strong numerical and administration skills?
If so, please read on…….
Now Careers are currently recruiting for an entry level Accounts Administration role based in the Newport area. Working for this high-profile organisation, the successful candidate will join a friendly accounts team, and assist the department and Financial Managers with a variety of financial and administrative tasks, to ensure the smooth operation of the Accounts department.
The role is varied and would ideally suit an individual that has worked within an administrative role previously. If you have some accountancy knowledge this would be highly advantageous although, it is NOT essential. My client will also consider candidates who are studying towards the early stages of their AAT professional qualification or Graduates looking for their first step into the accountancy profession.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have previous experience of working within an office environment, whilst possessing a positive attitude and willingness to learn the ropes within the accountancy profession and hopefully long-term take on additional responsibilities within the accounts department.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Participate in monthly audits and checks on equipment
- Review billing instructions and ensure rates on all invoices are correct
- Check clients have sufficient funds to cover all costs and if not liaising with the credit control departments
- Present bills to the necessary managers to review and confirm and challenge any additional charges
- Reconciliation of commission claims
- Dealing with internal and external queries
- Escalating any complaints to the relevant Department Manager ASAP
- Filing invoices, archiving and photo-copying
- Assisting the finance manager with their day to day tasks
- General administrative support to the finance team
- Strong IT skills especially in Microsoft Excel
Our client offers excellent working conditions and the opportunity to learn and progress within the organisation in the long-term. This is an exciting opportunity for someone that maybe seeking their first entry into accounts and wants to work for an extremely progressive and dynamic business within the local area.
The role will be based onsite and when you have successfully completed your probationary period, you can work from home 1 day per week. Hours are Monday – Friday: 8.30am – 5.30pm and/or 9.00am – 5.00pm. Benefits include: discounts for their facilities, on-site parking, training and development.
For further information, please contact the office NOW to secure an interview slot!