Accounts Assistant – AAT Studier
£25,000 DOE + AAT Study Package
A fantastic and rare opportunity has arisen in the Cardiff area for a confident, professional and determined Accounts Assistant. Due to an internal restructure the role has been created to support the finance team with the day to day transactions of the business.
The successful candidate will be working towards the early stages of their AAT qualification and looking for the opportunity to work within a friendly finance team. The organisation has been operating for over 25 years and truly are a company that cares about their employees and the sector in which it operates.
Within the role, you will support the finance team with a variety of duties and over time the role will expand and you will be exposed to a variety of accounting duties, whilst being trained by the best!
The role would suit an individual that is looking for a varied and challenging post that will encompass finance and exposure to all elements of the business in order to gain a superb knowledge of this award-winning organisation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Processing daily bank receipts on Xero
- Processing payments and recording onto the paying-in spreadsheet
- Statement reconciliations
- Managing the shared inbox and dealing with any queries that may come in
- Assist with monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Performing twice weekly payment runs
- Raising sales ledger invoices
- Maintain strict debt control measures, ensuring customer sales ledger accounts are reconciled and overdue debts are dealt with accordingly
- Hold regular review meetings with the management accountant to discuss the debtor’s ledger
- Process purchase ledger invoices daily and ensure all invoices are approved in line with company procedures
- Raise cheque payments
- Process petty cash payments
- Assist the management accountant with month end and YE duties
- Ad hoc tasks as and when required by the Head of Finance
- Adaptable, bright and energetic
- A self-starter/ be able to work on your own initiative
- AAT studier
- Intermediate Excel skills
- The ability to communicate with all levels of people is vital coupled with an inquisitive mind
- Strong customer service skills
- Flexible, happy to roll up sleeves and support the team
- Excellent IT skills, using a variety of accounts packages – Xero highly beneficial
This is a fabulous opportunity to work within a stable and friendly finance team, that are there to support you and watch you grow with the business. They are looking for a candidate that is not afraid of hard work, but in return you will be rewarded with AAT study support and the chance to take on additional responsibilities over time in order to help and encourage your development.
You will be office based and my client offers fantastic working conditions: 25 days annual leave, AAT study package (after probationary period), pension, sick pay after 6 months, Death in Service, Simply Health cash back scheme, plus a selection of well-being incentives. You will be required to work 40 hours per week, hours of work Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm with ½ lunch break.