Temporary Finance Assistant
£15.48 per hour + Holiday Pay
8 Month Assignment
NOW Careers is seeking an experienced Finance Assistant for a prestigious organisation based in the Cwmbran area. Working and reporting directly into a team of Assistant Accountants you will be responsible for supporting the Accounting team with the day to day transactional accounting activities of the organisation.
Ideally my client is seeking an experienced Finance Assistant with a proven track record in assisting with the provision and maintenance of transactional financial information.
Main duties of the role to include:
- Support the finance team in the provision and maintenance of the budgets
- Process timesheets and expenses
- Maintain access rights for the finance team, dealing with log-in’s etc
- Maintain and assist with the financial ledgers to ensure accuracy
- Assist in the delivery of the annual budget setting process
- Undertaking less complex control account reconciliations
- Liaise with internal and external auditors
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register
- Deal with the accurate and timely completion of Grant returns and claims
- Provide effective Treasury and Cash management processes, allocating daily cash balances, maintaining the cashbook
- The successful candidate will ideally have experience of working within a similar role, previous Public Sector experience would be highly beneficial
- Ideally will be an AAT studier with a view to progressing their career
- Highly motivated, diligent and able to demonstrate attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
My client offers a flexible approach to working, and they are happy to accommodate a mixture of office based and home working options.
Hours of work are Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm with a degree of flexibility with the start/finish times.
The role will be to start ASAP pending a security vetting process. Therefore, if you are seeking a new and exciting challenge for 2024, please get in touch for further information.