Urgently Required – Senior Auditor
Cardiff & Swansea Areas
Temporary Approx. 3 Months +
Now Careers is recruiting a Qualified Senior Auditor to support and lead with a number of audits. The role is expected to last 3 months, with the possibility of an extension. The role will be hybrid working, 2 days in the office and the remainder from home.
My client currently has sites based in Cardiff and Swansea and can be flexible with your base. My client is happy to consider applications from candidates on both a full-time and part-time basis, depending on availability. As Senior Auditor you will be require to provide support to Audit Leads on the day to day delivery of larger, more complex and higher risk audits or lead on the day to day delivery of audits for small to medium sized, less complex Audited Bodies throughout South Wales.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Evaluate financial systems, identify weaknesses and suggest solutions as appropriate
- Conduct fieldwork, including work on more complex and high-risk accounts areas
- Analyse and evaluate audit evidence to make sound judgements, conclusions and recommendations
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key finance staff
- Discuss and provide guidance on accounting issues to clients
- Contribute to developing a positive team environment that supports the delivery of the project and on-going development of the team
- Support the Audit Manager (when leading on audits) and the Financial Audit Lead (when supporting on audits) to deliver a portfolio of audits in accordance with deadlines and budgets
- Provide day to day management of junior team members
- Act as a role model for the values and behaviours of the organisation
- Possess excellent knowledge and understanding of accounting standards, including emerging issues and their application in the Public Sector
- Excellent technical accounting skills, having previous exposure within a similar role
- Good working knowledge of understanding Public Sector audit and key issues that may affect the sector
- High level of IT skills – essential
The successful candidate will be ACCA/ACA Qualified with previous exposure within a similar role. You will have previous experience of working with public sector audits and associated accounting issues. You will possess efficient time management skills, as you may be required to work across a number of audits at any one time.
Hours of work are 35 hours per week, and my client offers a flexible working policy. Our client is looking for candidates to commence work ASAP, therefore if you are interested and available for work please contact the office NOW!